0

Brought up in Kathmandu, Nepal, Capt Saral K. Shrestha knew he needed a military profession from the time he was a little kid. Watching appears about the military on TV, he longed for life as a fighter. As a young fellow, Shrestha's mom asked him to seek after advanced education in the United States. At age 17, he connected for a visa and left his home to think about in another land. In spite of the fact that Shrestha wished to serve in the U.S. military, he at first had no road to join without U.S. citizenship or changeless habitation. That changed in 2009 when the Department of Defense presented the 


Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program. MAVNI permits visa holders with extraordinary, exceedingly required aptitudes –, for example, having ability in dialects that are basic to military operations – to enroll in the military and procure U.S. citizenship through their administration. 


Shrestha was near finishing his degree when he got some answers concerning the program, yet he didn't dither to join. In the wake of being screened by USCIS and finishing the enlistment procedure, he went to Fort Benning for fundamental preparing in September 2009."MAVNI was a gift," Shrestha said. "When I graduated my essential preparing, I had one of the USCIS work force go onto the field with a United States banner and I guaranteed." Shrestha thinks of it as the most extraordinary day of his life. "I understood I was a piece of something way greater," he said.

Post a Comment

 
Top